YOUR CONDITION IS NOT OF YOUR DOINGS.
YOU WERE NOT BORN CRIPPLE
By Pastor Vusimusi John Sigudla
4(Saul’s son Jonathan had a son named Mephibosheth, who was crippled as a child. He was five years old when Saul and Jonathan were killed at the battle of Jezreel. When news of the battle reached the capital, the child’s nurse grabbed him and fled. But she fell and dropped him as she was running, and he became crippled as a result.)
2 Samuel 4:4
Some of us are suffering because of other people who inflicted that suffering upon us. We are crying and regretting because of other people who found us happy and took away happiness from us. They found us rejoicing and they took away the joy from us. Those people who did that were not strangers, but very close friends, family members, trusted community leaders, our own doctors and nurses that we dedicated our entire lives in their hands with a hope that they are the right people for our survival.
Little did we know that we have trusted on wrong people!!!
- The nurse and Mephibosheth.
- The fast life that we are living today is creating very difficult situation for us for the future. Less percentage of parents are rising their children up. Most of our children are being raised by people we so much trust because we are so busy making money.
Mostly these last days, most of the nannies are from Lesotho, most of them with their different background. They are here indeed looking for greener pastures, some have children back home thus they are working for those kids. They know how to bring up kids since they have kids of their own. Some are single without any experience of brining children up, they are busy learning to do so with your children, we have time and again seen on media how kids are being abused by those that are looking after them, severely being beaten some were beaten to death. If you don’t believe me go to the police stations around South Africa, America and the UK and find out why those ladies are under arrest. The answer that you will be given is, they have abused children they were hired to take care of and some of them have even killed those kids.
They were born in a very good family these kids, with great expectations from their parents.
Some of these kids born came as a miracle from God and they needed a perfect upbringing since the parents requested them from God through much prayers, but the economic situation of South Africa, has tempted us to move away from taking care of these kids ourselves and we trusted an outside third party to take care of our little ones. This is exactly what happened with Mephibosheth.
- The nurse of Mephibosheth
- I fully agree and believe and concur that she was a trusted someone.
- Some of the things that happens to us and our children are not intentional, they are an accident. But any accident that happened caused by someone, it carries with it lot of regrets. One would say, if I was driving that car, maybe I might have avoided the accident, but since the vehicle was driven by someone else, it is not easy to accept what happened.
- Some in a home situation, if one party can be involved in a car accident, the husband would say, if I was there, this accident wouldn’t have happened. This is humanly speaking as we think that some are better than others.
- The nurse was hired to take care of the boy and not to abuse the boy, and that was exactly what this nurse vowed to do and was doing.
- The boy was relaxed since he knew the nurse being a very caring someone. He ate from her hands, he was washed by this nurse, he was woken up by this nurse, he was carried on the back by the nurse. The first voice the boy would hear was the voice of this nurse. The last voice that the boy would hear was the voice of this nurse.
- All these home chore, translated into a deeper trust and bond between the boy and the nurse. There was absolutely no sign of danger from the nurse care to the boy. All was well until the sad moment that befell this family when almost all the members of the family died in the battle.
- Your friend is a friend indeed and he has been caring so much to you.
- Your husband is indeed a loving person, but what happened to many wives and girls friends when bad times surfaced? Wives were gun down by the same loving husband. Girls lost their lives in the hands of these loving boyfriends.
- We definitely need a safe haven [place]
- Where every one of us will be assured of safety in the presence of any situation.
- The nurse never planned to destroy or to cripple this boy. It was not her intention at all, most unfortunately it happened in her hands.
- The boy was relaxed and the nurse was in fact trying to save the life of this boy when the terror struck.
- Churches are there to take care of our journey to heaven.
- Pastors are there to guide us on our way to heaven and not to abuse us and cripple us spiritually. How many fallen believers we are having because of pastors who are our spiritual nurses? Countless believers are hurting and some have completely lost hope in the saving power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- May we open our eyes and have a spirit of discernment and see things afar that can be a danger to our faith before it is too late.
- Would you please be a spiritual nurse of yourself and avoid to blame others for your downfall tomorrow. God has given you an excellent Spirit that cries within you Abba Father!!!!
- Would you please obey that Spirit and work according to that Spirit as to avoid any danger that want to cripple you as a child of God like Mephibosheth!!! Don’t allow yourself to be destroyed intentionally by others who appears as spiritual nurses to you.
- Be very careful and take responsibility upon yourself, heaven is for us all, stop listen to these false prophets who are telling you that your pastor is jealous because of the gift that is upon you.
- One false prophet was selling golden tickets to his congregation and the people at large for $500.00 to go to heaven claiming that Jesus gave him those tickets to sell to everyone who want to go to heaven. $500.00 is equivalent to almost R7000.00 to go to heaven. That is very cheap and I remain living in sin.
- Application in our lives and conclusion.
- Those people that are hurting you, you have allowed them to hurt you.
- It is high time to take care of yourself spiritually, live a life of prayer. Live a life of studying God’s Word, live a life of fellowshipping with other Christians. Fulfil the Great Commission of our Lord Jesus Christ by telling the people about the love of God that is found in Jesus Christ our Saviour.
- Stop playing be serious about the things of the house of the Lord.
- Choose right friends and those who will love you for what you are not for what you have.
- Stop playing Christianity, be a genuine Christian and start supporting the vision of your pastor.
- Stop listen to lies being spread by the agencies of the evil one which are dispatched to each and every Church of Christ. Their duties is to destabilize what God is doing in these churches. They have a mission, they were once genuine Christians just like the angels that were ones serving God in heaven.
- Lucifer which is the devil was a choir master in heaven, until pride was found in him in the book of Ezekiel.
- YOU WERE not born a cripple but someone crippled you, mentally, physically, spiritually, socially and emotionally.
- Your duty is to find out who crippled you and love him and come to Jesus he has all the power to restore.
- Mephibosheth was restored to a kingship position by David.
- A second chance was given to Mephibosheth to can come back and be served as much as he wanted.
- Mephibosheth just humbled himself and never blamed his ‘crippleness’ when opportunity availed itself.
- Stop blaming others, Jesus is coming and let us all go home and depart from this evil world that is full of lies and fake pastors, fake prophets, fake evangelists, fake gospels, fake marriages, fake brothers and fake sisters, fake everything.
Open your eyes and look to heaven, “looking unto Jesus the author and the finisher of our faith”