IN YOUR DESPERATION SITUATION, DON’T FALL INTO THE HANDS OF PEOPLE.
By Pastor Vusimusi John Sigudla
14“This is a desperate situation!” David replied to Gad. “But let us fall into the hands of the LORD, for his mercy is great. Do not let me fall into human hands.” 2 SAMUEL 23:14
Truly David blundered and deserved to be punished by God. The choice as usual our God gives to his love ones since he need to punish us as his children because of love. The choice God give to us is because we have a will that God has given us that we need to use to make choices in life either for good or for bad. God is not prepared to remote control us.
- David’s blunder [mistake] went with some serious consequences.
I am responsible and accountable for any decision and action I take. I need to answer for any action I take either for good or for bad. This was indeed the case with David.
- He was warned first by Joab not to execute the censures but he didn’t want to listen.
- The danger of not listening causes more harm than good.
- David had to be confronted with three choices to make as a punishment and all three choices where extremely difficult. None of them was better than the other.
13So Gad came to David and asked him, “Will you choose three years of famine throughout the land, three months of fleeing from your enemies, or three days of severe plague throughout your land? Think this over and let me know what answer to give the LORD.”2 Samuel 23:13
- Famine for three years, how many people were going to lose their lives in the three years?
- Three months if fleeing from your enemies. David had already experienced fleeing from enemies, the worse was from his own son Absalom bare footed. He also experienced fleeing from King Saul who wanted to kill him. Therefore David was tired and old to start all over again in his old age to run away from his enemies, enemies that were not even specified who they were going to be.
- In life we have many enemies, merciless enemies and missiles enemies that care less about us. Both merciless and missiles enemies are most dangerous.
- David was tired to start all over again running away from these enemies he never knew who they were going to be.
- Three days of severe plague [illness outbreak that no one knows, pandemic, severe unknown illness, and infection] throughout your land.
- Just imagine people dying doctors failing to know the kind of diseases, people falling down at work dead. People falling down driving and lose their lives. Accidents that will take place of people being killed by diseases that they never knew before. Schools being closed because teachers are ill and children are also affected by many illnesses, chaos after chaos will be the order of the day.
- DAVID’S CHOICE.
None of the three was chosen by David since none of the three was better than the other.
David just said 14“This is a desperate situation!” David replied to Gad. “But let us fall into the hands of the LORD, for his mercy is great. Do not let me fall into human hands.” 2 SAMUEL 23:14
- This is indeed a desperate situation.
- Desperate situation is a situation beyond human comprehension
- Desperation situation is a situation that cannot be easily solved.
- Desperation situation is a situation that everybody run away from.
- Desperation situation is a situation that has reached a boiling point.
- Then David chose to fall into the hands of the Lord , for one firm reason, “ For his mercy is Great”
- David cried out and prayed not to fall into humans hands.
- Batho ga ba siama and are very cruel.
- He chose to be in the hands of God rather than be in the hands of the people.
- In our desperation situation, stay in the hands of God rather in the hands of the people.
- People are merciless and full of revenge.
- People are all out to destroy you, but God is there to rebuild you.
- People are all out to show you how useless you are, but God is all out to protect and fight for you. Psalm 121: 1-8
The cry and the choice of David was never over looked by God.
The same God of David is here to take care of our petitions and cry and our humiliation by this world and make us what we are supposed to be. Let us fall in the hands of our Almighty God rather than falling in the hands of the people.